POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : [std include] floats as vectors : [std include] floats as vectors Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:15:09 EDT (-0400)
  [std include] floats as vectors
Date: 17 Jan 2002 08:17:40
Message: <vkhd4uoppr1vl1f6k0fvgnbhqbece3k7cb@4ax.com>
POV 3.5 b 10

It is possible to write floats as vectors in POV but somehow for standard
include files it can't be done. For example I can't write
  Round_Box(-1,1,.1,no)
I have to write
  Round_Box(<-1,-1,-1>,<1,1,1>,.1,no)
But it could be done with some simple additions. For example for Round_Box it
can be done with additional two lines at beginnig of macro:

   #local A=A+0*x;
   #local B=B+0*x;

This behaviour is connected with all macros with vector parameters. If there are
some problems with time or something I can check all standard macros for such
cases and post changed versions somewhere.

ABX